Friday, September 2, 2011

adorable...

Thank you so much for all your love, both shared here on the blog and privately by email. I've been plagued with worry for months now. This morning I woke early, tossed and turned and worried myself into a frenzy. And it's such a shame because I think morning is the time when we should be the most faithful. Rise and shine with two feet firmly on the ground, an amen and an hallelujah echoing from deep within. But this morning I awoke with a head full of worry.

I know we'll be fine. Everything will be fine.

Okay, so how's about a new fall wardrobe...

Starting with this...




True confessions time...I have been really good for a long, long time with spending. Since tax day last year when our savings were wiped out. But something happened recently. It started with just a little leak in the dam...then, trickle, one purchase after, trickle, another and, well, the flood gate is down. 

This is the first of many new outfits...a new wardrobe, really. What do you think? The dress is Matilda Jane, from the new You & Me collection. (just wait...there's more from Matilda Jane to come...I went a little crazy). The belt is from my super sweet friend,  Bari J....bought it years ago. The jeggings, from last year. But the boots...confession ontop of confession...a TSV (today's special value) from QVC. (B. Markowsky)

And here's something super adorable:

Matt and Katie | Photographers {PROMO} from Matt E on Vimeo.

Found on The Ardent Sparrow

11 comments:

Jennifer Hepler-Takens said...

Praying for your Family Amy.
Love from Jennie

ABC said...

You look SO cute in your MJC!! Love it!! I want to see a pic of every outfit!!

koralee said...

You are adorable my sweet friend...love your outfit. xoxoxo
Working hard on something for you this weekend. xoxoxo

Melony Bradley said...

Hope you are better now! i love the outfit you put together. I will have to try and duplicate that thrift store style!

The Design Notebook said...

Love the outfit!

Brenda said...

Praying for you and your family. Love the new outfit.

Anonymous said...

I like this blog. Look great! Great design.

Black friday kindle

Fursdon House said...

I too wake up with worry sometimes and just as you mentioned, it seems to fill my head till everything else is pushed aside. Its as if my brain is so crowded I want to scream. Worry can kill. It destroys everything in its wake. And its only when I'm NOT worrying that I can tell you the only thing that works for me is to "DO SOMETHING"! Anything really, although I also have a tendency to go shopping, which is B.A.D. I have a picture in my head of a woman riding a bicycle or driving in a convertible. It's sort of a stick figure and the idea is that the wind is blowing through her brain and out behind her are all the nasty and negative thoughts, worries, etc., that consume us each day. I think of her sometimes when I'm heading home after a particularly frantic day at work - when all I want to do is E.S.C.A.P.E.!! I guess I need to draw her and make her more real! Anyway, my point is to hang in there. You're an intelligent and extraordinarily gifted woman. You know this will pass and whatever is going to be, you have the power and strength to deal with it. Trust yourself. You're much stronger than you think. May God Bless, Jan

Sandy said...

I totally wish I could pull that dress off! With the boots, it's super cute. But dresses always manage to fall wrong on me being so short.

Genie said...

It's probably wrong, but a little retail therapy does help. Everything in moderation. Plus you do look adorable.

Still praying for your family each morning.

Vintage Flair said...

We have the same taste....that is what I bought too from Matilda Jane. I also bought the brown leggins with the ruffles on the bottom.
Take care,
Lori