Friday, May 6, 2011

the ick in sick

I see it all over blogdom...nearly every one of us seems to be under the weather these days. I've been fighting this latest bout for nearly two weeks. In between coughing fits and trying to work on the latest issue of the magazine (publication delayed slightly) and napping, I've been reading this delightful book: The Tower, The Zoo, and the Tortoise by Julia Stuart. (I also read The Matchmaker of Perigord and adored every sweet enticing bit.)


I've been reading it on my Kindle, which I totally adore. It really does feel just like reading a real book with pages. I even caught myself going to turn a paper page the other day. And this beautiful hardback cover makes the impression of reading a real book even more real.

I finally went to the doctor yesterday and am now patiently waiting for the antibiotics to kick in. I am truly so tired of being sick.

11 comments:

koralee said...

Oh no....sending you get well prayers my friend...try to take it easy this weekend. xoxo

charlotte said...

feel better, Amy!!

Amy M. said...

I hear you, my friend! I can't even remember what it is like to be healthy anymore! I got an advance copy of THE TOWER, THE ZOO AND THE TORTOISE and found it absolutely charming. I'm glad you are reading it. Get well soon!!!

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

Lorrie said...

We've escaped the sickness so far, but there is a lot of it going around. I hope you feel better soon, Amy.

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Sending your way some healthy vibes...make sure you take all of the antibiotics even if you think you're feeling better...lots of fluids and rest...I know that its easy for me to say but easy for you to do but truly try to take it easy...Get Well Soon! Have a honey of a day & may wellness & good health come your way! ;O) xox

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

oops meant to say "not easy for you to do" ;O)

vivian said...

feel better soon Amy, youre far to sweet to be ill!
Happy mothers day too!
xoxo
vivian

Erica said...

Love your tea cup and saucer.

tina said...

Get well! Take care and remember that we who spin the world in our creative hands must care for ourselves first or the whole lot of it will fall through to the floor in a giant kersplat! Rest up, do lovely things for yourself and know that the world will be patiently waiting for you! Happy Mothers Day (just a wee bit early)!

Doreen said...

Yuck! Hope you feel better soon. We've all had a bad cold thing down here too. I even got sick again on my last day of antibiotics! I hate colds - not really sick enough to be in bed, but no energy to do much of anything. Hope you are healing fast!!!
Glad to hear you like the Kindle. I'm still a "real" book girl, but my bookcases are seriously overflowing. Might be time jump on that bandwagon. I love your case too!

eileen hull said...

Oh no- hope you are up and about soon!