Friday, August 24, 2007

trying to get back...

Trying to get back in the swing of things but I'm feeling so very tired. And so distracted.

I spent two nights at the hospital, sleeping only for minutes at a time. And then tending to my father during the day. Now I'm as tired as ever. I'm a bit worried about my mother too...she's not getting much rest and she'll need to take care of my father when he comes home. This is so stressful for everyone.

I'm thankful that my sister and brother and their families live closer to my parents and can help support them. My other sister and I live further away and it can be so frustrating to want to do more but to be too far away to do very much. It helps to know that they are there to give comfort and love and support.

7 comments:

Daisy said...

Amy Baby, go to bed and get some sleep then you will be back "bright eyed and bushey tailed". Not sure what that looks like but it could be good for a laugh!! Chin up, we love ya. xxx

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh yes, you must take extra special care of yourself too...stress will do you in so try to rest.

(( ))

Junie Moon said...

Bless your heart, Amy, this is a hard time for you and your family. You and your family all need to get some rest. That old saying is true--if you don't take care of yourself, then you can't help your father later when he'll need it. I will continue to keep your father, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Saucy said...

Everybody is checking in on you via your blog and glad to hear your dear Daddy is doing alright and you must, must, must get some rest now! Take care xoxoxox.

Lee Ann said...

I just had a little parayer for your dad and family. God is good!!!
Lee Ann

Lilli in Vancouver said...

I went through the same thing with my Dad...actually with both of my parents, and it was so worrisome and stressful. You're so lucky that you have siblings to share the responsibilities.

I'm sending healing wishes to your dad, strength and anti-worry vibes to you and your mom and sibs, all-around loving thoughts. May your sleeps be ultra-effective!

All the Best :)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Amy, so glad to hear that things are looking better for your Dad. Take care of yourself. There is plenty of time to do everything you think you must.
Sleep well.
Lidy